The content on chordslk.com is purely for educational purposes. This document is intended to implement the procedures set forth in 17 U.S.C. Section 512 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) for the reporting of alleged copyright infringement.
The site “chordslk.com” is a nonprofit website which offers a free service and is a music community that facilitates the viewing of Guitar Chords and associated Lyrics thus forth reffered to as “Content” to music or narrations on the internet where content is provided by its members. Members adding Content to chordslk.com agree that they have rights to do so and remove chordslk.com from any liabilities regarding displaying these lyrics on the website. Due to the fact that members add Content, chordslk.com does not warrant that the materials made available will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable and chordslk.com will not be held responsible or liable for any damages, you or your business may suffer from using chordslk.com.
The site will strive to provide translations facilities and possible related videos related to the content added by members but does not warrant the validity of the services provided and results.
In accordance with copyright and dissemination of Content without the author’s permission, this site does not allow or provide API’s or any other mechanisms to download Content in its entirety to third applications such as music players or query and publish Content in its entirety on other sites. The site does offer a facility to publish 50 words or 10% of the words which ever that is smaller, taken from the entire Content which ever that is smaller to other sites, where not submitting Content in its entirety and in compliance with copyright laws.
chordslk.com does not have to and will not disclose member details or information related to members in the event of a copyright infringement notification.
Copyright Infringement Action
In the event that a notification is received in relation to copyright infringement on Content, chordslk.com will work to identify the validity of the claim. This is done to avoid false claims against the site.
The actions that chordslk.com will take as a result of a confirmed infringement is (either or):
- Investigation of validity of claim.
- Seek to acquire proper licensing for the content under the actual copyright owner or record label.
- Remove the infringing content from the site if no licensing agreement can be made.
At present chordslk.com does not have an automated system to identify new additions of Content that may have been previously removed due to copyright infringement and thus copyright owners may have to notify chordslk.com on subsequent additions, although at this point the process for action will be much quicker.
Copyright Infringement Notification
To file a copyright infringement notification with chordslk.com, you will need to send a written communication to chordslk.com at our postal address that can be found on our contact page. This notice must includes substantially the following (please consult your legal counsel or see Section 512(c)(3) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act to confirm these requirements):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
chordslk.com disclaim all warranties express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. In no case will chordslk.com be liable for any consequential or incidental damages or for any lost profits or lost revenues.
© chordslk.com 2014-2020